Wednesday, March 13, 2013

M is for Monkey - Printable Notebooking Pages

I display our monkey related items on a shelf for easy access.
With our recent time spent on the story Caps For Sale I took the opportunity to extend the learning a little. Lego Lover 11, was far too old for the activities that went along with Caps For Sale. So he did some monkey research instead.

Animal Note Booking Page
Some time back I created Animal Notebooking pages, Lego Lover chose Gorillas to do some further research on. He used the books we had here on hand and then headed over to wikipedia and this great site was perfect.

Junior Animal Note Booking Page



When I first put these together last year some time I was concerned that the younger members of the household would be overwhelmed with some of the information and the level of writing required. So I put together a Junior version of the Animal Note Booking page.

This will be added to their Animal Kingdom notebooks, a classification project I've been working on for them.

The link to download these note booking pages is at the end of the post.

We collaged a colouring page found online.
Little Surfer Dude collaged a colouring page I found online. He wasn't as in to this as I thought he would've been though. I saw the idea over here.

We made an M is for Monkey.

He really enjoyed putting together this M is for Monkey though, he giggled his way through it and made certain he had plenty of hair!! The idea for this little guy came from over here.

Our Caps For Sale Row
To see what other monkey related goodies we got up to check out our Caps For Sale fun.


The blank note booking pages.
Download the Animal Note Booking Pages here.




TGIF Linky Party hosted by 123Homeschool4Me

5 comments:

Every Star Is Different said...

Thanks so much for sharing! I love the work you gave your older child to do! We started homeschooling our kiddos a little over a year ago. It's taken until February of this year to find something that works for all of them as they are all special needs-2 with autism and 1 (adopted) with Reactive Attachment Disorder and Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. Their ages are 6, 4, & 3. The 6 year old is super smart and I'm noticing he needs more of a challenge. As a HUGE animal lover, (more of an obsession really), I'm guessing those notebook pages would be fabulous for him and perhaps help him be motivated with his writing! Thank you again! You can check us out at http://everystarisdifferent.blogspot.com. I look forward to reading your blog again and again, as it was recommended by a friend!

Unknown said...

Such a fun study! Love your Monkey collage and fingerprint monkeys!

Thanks for linking up to TGIF! I am sharing this on my Facebook page Sunday here: https://www.facebook.com/123Homeschool4Me

Hope to see you linked up again soon! Have a great weekend,
Beth

Noor Janan said...

These are awesome!!!

Amy said...

Thank you for sharing your animal notebook page for a younger child. I'm doing animal study for science with my first grader, and this is exactly what I was looking for :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your Animal Notebooking pages. They are perfect and quite comprehensive, especially for older childrens' studies.

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a lovely comment :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Design by: Relevant Designs